Released in early 2022, the Power of Sport: The True Sport Report 2022 is a resource with the purpose “to enable communities, policymakers, and business leaders to see the tremendous potential that lies within our community sport system and to foster a shift in culture through a values-based approach that is guided by the True Sport Principles that will maximize this potential for all Canadians”.
In this handout, Central Sport has summarized five key themes from the report:
1) Improving health and well-being
2) COVID-19 and Canadian sport
3) Benefits of sport for girls
4) Sport puts children and youth on a positive life course
5) Impacts of sport on children with disabilities
Learn more about the five key themes in our handout.